+1 for WordPress
This plugin adds a Google +1 button to the bottom of each post and/or page on your blog. The +1 button can be added either automatically or using a template tag depending on what you choose on the Options page.
This plugin has been tested on WordPress 3.1.3 and should work on previous WordPress versions as well.
- Download the .zip archive (link below) and extract.
- Upload the ’1-for-wordpress’ folder to your plugin directory. You should now have a ‘/wp-content/plugins/1-for-wordpress/’ directory with wp-plusone.php in it.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ page in WordPress.
- Go to ‘Settings->+1 For WordPress’ in your admin interface to select your options.
There are two options on the options page: Insertion Type & Page Type.
- Insertion Type – This option sets how you want to insert the link into your posts/pages. There are two choices: auto or template.
- Auto – When insertion type is set to auto the +1 button will automatically be inserted right after the post.
- Template – When insertion type is set to template the +1 button will appear wherever the template tag for the plugin is added to your theme. This option requires the following template tag to be added to your theme:
<?php if(function_exists(plusone_template)) : plusone_template(); endif; ?>
- Page Type – This option sets whether you want your +1 button to appear on Posts, Pages or both (Posts and Pages).
Once this option is set the +1 button will appear after the content of each post/page.
Download Current Version
+1 for WordPress 1.0
* v1.0 – Initial public release.
If you have any questions, comment or suggestions please leave them in a comment or email them to me.
If you find this plugin useful please feel free to donate a little money to help me offset the costs of this website. Thanks.