NBA Standings adds the ability to display the standings for a conference of the National Basketball Association (NBA) on your blog via a sidebar widget or template tag. This is ideal for team fan blogs who want to show how their team is doing in the standings. You can also highlight your team in the standings.
Standings are derived from an XML file published daily at erikberg.com. The XML is saved to your WordPress settings and parsed from there to display on your blog.
Version 1.0 is derived from the same codebase as MLB Standings 2.0.3.
This plugin has been tested on WordPress 3.8 but should work on previous WordPress versions as well.
- Download the .zip archive (link below) and extract.
- Upload the ‘nba-standings’ folder to your plugin directory. You should now have a ‘/wp-content/plugins/nba-standings/’ directory holding the contents of the .zip file.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ page in WordPress.
- Go to ‘Settings->MLB Standings’ in your admin interface to select the conference you’d like to display.
There are two options available for this plugin: Conference and Team. Conference can be one of the following:
After selecting a conference the Team dropdown will display the teams within the selected conference.
There are two ways to display the standings on your blog:
- Sidbar Widget. To display via a sidebar widget use the following steps:
- Go to ‘Appearance->Widgets’ in your admin interface.
- Under ‘Available Widgets’ look for ‘NBA Standings’.
- Drag ‘NBA Standings’ to the sidebar.
- Enter a title for the widget and click the ‘Save’ button.
- Template Tag. To display via a template tag simply add the following line of code to the place you’d like the standings to be displayed:
if(function_exists(ShowNBAStandings)) : ShowNBAStandings(); endif;
Download Current Version
NBA Standings 1.0
* v1.0 – Initial public release.
If you have any questions, comment or suggestions please leave them in a comment or email them to me.
If you find this plugin useful please feel free to donate a little money to help me offset the costs of this website. Thanks.